Side Event: Transparency and Reporting in the Arms Trade Treaty: Trends and Challenges in the Age of COVID-19
The side event, held in the margins of the UN General Assembly First Committee on Disarmament and International Security presented the ATT Monitor 2020 Report and launch of “Reporting During a Pandemic: Reflections on the Arms Trade Treaty 2019 Annual Report” publication developed by the Stimson Center’s ATT Baseline Assessment Project.
ATT Monitor 2020 Report discussed
- A ‘year in review’ of the ATT
- A special section on the role of transparency and information-sharing in tackling diversion
- In-depth review of data from 2018 ATT Annual Reports
- A preliminary look at 2019 Annual Reports
- A summary assessment of Initial Reports and updates, submitted by States Parties as of June 2019